An ocean away from my husband for the next two weeks, and his role as husband, father, and stand-in girlfriend as I haven’t found one yet since we moved to Germany last June. There have been moments of real “raw” and I’m left wondering who I am to be identifying with despair? After a husband’s cancer years before, a daughter’s auto-immune disease, and even now a friend who lies in a hospital after a near-fatal accident days ago – in my wealth, who am I to identify with despair? I am the only the I know that I am – His daughter, His dearly loved. The rest I don’t need to sort out tonight, maybe ever. I give thanks that storms pass.
68. SUNSHINE in a land that has been mostly gray and rainy since we moved here.
69. Towels hanging on the line to dry.
70. A stack of pants pulled from a tote for the brother next in line.
71. That little brother being pleased with “hand-me-downs.”
72. Not being able to hold back the force of the storm but having a Savior that calmed it.
73. Kneeling at a boy’s bedside with all three sons in a new routine that washes us clean, enfolds us in peace, and prepares us to rest.
74. Having a place to speak and become known when I feel alone, in a 17th move that is 7 months old in a foreign country.
75. God is love.