1. waking up before the alarm to burrow under the warm covers with my husband.
2. my mom-in-law, one of Lord’s instruments playing into my life from 2,000 miles away.
3. crisp but worn tissue-paper pages teaching me about love and grace.
4. scent of a breakfast-ripe peach and fresh coffee
5. pitiful puddles and grounded autumn leaves
6. laborers with a steaming cup of joe in the morning. their day half over, mine just beginning.
This is the morning of my first day of truly jotting down the gifts and there is already contentment, joy blooming. Je choisis la joie, la vie.
By: Catherine Frank